Jordan and Nathan's imaginations never cease to amaze me. Just when I think it's another dreary winter day they are busy building inventions or robots, crossing imaginary rivers or swimming in pretend pools. This is a picture of Jorji jumping off the diving board
into their pool. Check out that air!
Swimming in the deep sea, yeah these kids go all out.
One of Jorji's latest inventions. Not quite sure what it was, but it required careful balance as to not drop the fish on top.
So I'll be the first to admit, that my blogging has been less than stellar this new year. I usually take a bit of a break in Jan and Feb because it usually takes all my energy simply to get through these couple of months and maintain my sanity with such little sunshine. However this hasn't been the case this year. We've all been in great spirits and very busy (in a good way). Jared's been coaching grade 8 boys basketball and so we've been going to his games weekly. Jared's amazing - he took this little motley-crue bunch and through hard work managed to turn them into a ball team to be reckened with, even qualifying to go to the North Zones. The kids have loved going to games and are a great cheering squad. Yesterday at church, Nathan recognized one of Jared's boys passing the sacrament and said "mom, look, GO SHUSWAP!" yeah, Nate, I agree, there needs to be more cheering at church. As you can see the kids have been busy being kids. We've been playing lots with little and big friends and Jordan's been busy with school activities. Jared and I both have been working out a lot these days and are feeling great! We've had a couple of great snowboarding days in with more to come this weekend as we are going to Silver Star with mom and dad to stay at their "little house." We're also planning a trip sans kids in March to Hawaii!! Yes, I know, we can't wait. So life is great.....especially for a February!

4 comments:
I can't believe the air Jordan's getting in that picture. Did she break her leg on the landing?! :)
Glad to hear you are working out so much. That means you can train me and run the Seattle Marathon with me. I'm sure you could run the whole thing but I'm just shooting for the 1/2.
I love that your kids went all out with their swimsuits and goggles! It looks like they get to have a lot of fun at your place.
Your trip to Hawaii sounds super fun! You'll have to give us all the details after you get back...maybe we'll hit Hawaii next year for our Extravaganza!
Thanks for all the neat posts! We too love to see what you guys have been up to!
We've been back in North America for a few weeks and have enjoyed catching up on all your family news. (We are blocked from it while in China). Looks like you are all having fun together - loved reading all your entries. All our love to you!
Jared and I used to do that very thing in Ottawa with one of Doug's RCMP horse blankets. We used to spread it out on the orange concrete floor and jump off the piano stool. Do you remember Jared, cause I swear I'm not making it up!?
Jess
Post a Comment