Fun with Grandma King and the Claw
Here's little Nate, the bravery of our kids never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, he's three.
Here goes Jorji!
We found this rope swing just down from the cabin and Jared and the kids had a blast doing their thing.
Little Lu LOVED the one on one attention that she got while the big kids were away. In fact we're a little afraid that we have created a bit of a monster. She was one spoiled little girl during that week and we are still dealing with the repercussions.
While Jordan and Nathan were spending the week at Grandma and Grandpa King's house in Castlegar, we decided it was a perfect opportunity to build a fort for them as a surprise. It's something that we've been wanting to do for awhile but just haven't had the chance. We found a great plan online and had a blast cutting and building this project. Well, Jared did most of the work while I was quality control. I did have some fun with his mitre saw however as I cut all the siding! So fun!
So while the kids were partying at Grandma's we were busy doing this:
And the result was this:
Three very happy kids!!
It was such a fun surprise! The kids didn't get home till dark but we did the big 'reveal' anyway. They love it and have moved right in. It has a really cool trap door underneath that they can close and thus have complete privacy. In fact the other day I asked Nathan to come over for a moment to help me with something and he took off for the playhouse and then said while inside "I can't mom, I'm up here!"

5 comments:
The fort looks awesome guys!
We were thinking that we wanted to put a playhouse in our backyard but since our yard is so small with our garage, you would literally have to walk through the fort to get to the garage!
We hope you your Fall is as good as your summer! Love ya!
Love,
-The Walkers
That rope swing is amazing as are your kids for trying it. So fun!
What an awesome surprise to come home to! You are such great parents!
Wow!!!! So many great pics! Don't forget that Jorji went to a play about saloon gals. I love to influence when I can. LOL! Love the rope swing pics. Reminds me of Jared at Disneyworld and the drop slide. Also love Lucy totally airborne! "Bleieve it or not I'm walking on air..."
Jess
Wow!!! So many memories!! Sometimes you wonder how you fit in so much fun in so little time!! Great job on the play fort, it looks amazing!!
So fun to see all the pics! The playhouse is amazing! I can't believe your kids were swinging from ropes into the water. They are so adventurous and brave! I'm having a little problem getting blogger to work for me. I'm hoping Matt can figure it out soon. Love ya! Jess
Post a Comment