Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First day of school and end of summer

Jordan was so excited for school to start this year and we are very proud of our little second grader. She's as busy as ever with F.I. school, piano, hip hop lessons (I knew...she was so excited for this) and shredding up the neighbourhood with her new sweet bike.
While we were visiting rellies over the summer, Jordan asked her aunt Jessie if she liked Star Wars, Jessie said yes, to which Jordan replied, "I'm a big fan of the Dark Side." So funny. She claims to be a tom-boy but still really wants a new Moxie girl for Christmas:) We love our girl.
Nathan has been busy defeating Bowzer with dad on Super Mario bros, going to playgroup and playdates, playing outside and jumping his little heart out on the trampoline. He continues to be the sweetest little boy and makes the funniest faces ever. Lucy's been busy expanding her impressive vocabulary and delighting and charming everyone around her with her spunky personality. Seriously, this girl begins sentences with "actually..." and "sometimes.." Yeah, we're convinced she's a genius.
We were so happy to have Rob, Steph, Charlie and Robbie come for a visit at the end of August.
We had such a great time going to the beach, tubing down the river, going to the drive-in and playing games. We don't see them nearly enough.
One day we went out to Margaret Falls and the guys and Jordan decided to climb up to the cave up the waterfall. The water was freezing but that didn't stop our little thrill seeker Jordan. There is nothing she won't do.

Another highlight of the summer was Jared's cousin Shannon's wedding. Jordan was asked to be a flower girl and when asked, Jordan will say that this wedding was one of the highlights of her summer. She just loved all the attention and being with her little cousin Kenzie as a flowergirl. It was such a fun, beautiful wedding and we are so glad that we made the ALL night drive from Oregon to be there:) Thank goodness for energy drinks.












These girls were so cute, it was hard to narrow down the pictures, because they literally were picture-perfect all day!

Before the dance started and people were finishing dinner, our kids went out onto the dance floor to dance. Nathan was incredible! He had everybody watching as he busted a move with his interpretive/modern/transformer dance style. People even clapped when he was done. The funny thing was, when the dance started he was too self-conscious to dance, he had no idea people had been watching him before. We have a video that we'll post someday.
So life goes on, I can't believe it's almost October. I think I've finally posted all my summer pics. Now onto Fall. I've been working a couple of days a week, Jared's busy coaching volleyball, life in this house never seems to be dull. We wouldn't have it any other way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

17!!! 17!!! Thanks LuLu! We got to eat earlier thanks to you! LOL! Cutest family EVER!!!

Jessie

PS I'm a fan of the dark side too!

Sharon said...

great to catch up! :) those shots of jordan at the wedding are too precious! glad we had a chance to hang out last weekend. i think it's time to revive our efforts to meet up once a month. what do you say? salmon arm sometime this month?

Ryan and Lorelle said...

Love your pictures. I can't believe how big everyone gets