Saturday, June 30, 2007




School's Out for Summer.............

Whew, is all I can say (while wiping my brow), as June comes to and end! We made it, more importantly Jared made it! He had his last day of school on Friday! He had such a great year. this was his second year teaching grade seven late french immersion and not only does he love it but he is very loved as well. He has proven to be quite a good fit at the middle school level, which for many can be a difficult age. He is also almost finished his first year of his Masters Degree in Administration and Leadership, his final project of the year is due July 20th, he's currently busy working on his literature review for his thesis.
June for me marked the end of my short substituting career for the school year. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more adventurous days come September. The end of June also marked the end of my U14/15 girls soccer team's season that I was coaching. Man, U14/15 girls are a very chatty fun group! We had a blast but it is nice to have my Saturdays and Thursday nights back again. I've had so many volunteer coaches over my lifetime, it felt really good to contribute to NOYSA by coaching.
But alas, most of our activities continue throughout the summer. We are busy but very happy. Here are some of the things that we are doing these days:
  • Beach Volleyball on Monday nights. This is a blast and a opportunity to hang out with friends at the beach, does it get any better than summer in the Okanagan? We usually bring the kids and my parents will come and watch them there.
  • Soccer on Tuesdays. Yippee! Soccer is pretty much a year round passtime now that we have our fabulous Indoor facility but man there is nothing like playing soccer on a warm summer night! We are having a great season and have a good chance at winning the league. This weekend I'm busy playing at the Funtastic Tourney.
  • Basketball on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Jared is playing Summer Men's league this year starting this week. He's pretty excited, it's been a while since he's played organized ball, he's been too busy being a volleyball stud!
  • Young Women's on Wednesdays. Yes, I am still 2nd councellor in the YW program at church and love working with the teenage girls in our ward. However, I do think that we are only going to to have it twice a month. I also have girls camp next week!

We also have some fun things planned for the summer that we are really looking forward to, the first being a week long trip to Panarama for a family reunion. We'll also make a couple trips to Castlegar too. Also, Jess and her fam are coming out for a few weeks! So lots to look forward to and you can keep up with it all on this blog....if I get around to blogging it:)

No comments: