Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Passing of a Great Man...
Last Friday, June 6th, my Grandpa Hill passed away at the age of 96 in Calgary, Alberta. I love this picture of him that was taken at our family reunion in Panarama last summer. This is how I will always remember him, with a big smile on his face. Some of my favourite memories of him are when I was quite young, Jess and I would sit on his lap, take his comb out of his shirt pocket and play with his hair. We would comb it and put berrets in it - what a patient grandfather! I also remember the highly anticipated "blanket show," each time we visited. He was always so loving. I loved getting to know him as I got older and hearing stories about his life growing up on the farm. Being born in 1912, he had seen a lot in his life. In celebration of his 95th birthday, his three daughters and all their families met in Panorama for a family reunion. I'll never forget seeing my 95 year old grandpa riding the gondola! I'm so glad that my children were able to meet my grandpa. When I learned of his passing, Jordan could tell that I was upset, so I told her that Grandpa Hill went to live with Heavenly Father. My little girl who just turned 5 responded with "That's ok, mom. You'll see him again!" Yes, Jordan, we will all see Grandpa again. In the meantime, I'm sure there is a great reunion going on in heaven with Grandma. Love you Grandpa!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karla said...

What a nice tribute!!