Wednesday, April 08, 2009

On the Road to Hana....
We figured we couldn't go to Maui without visiting at least one waterfall. On our day up north, we headed out on the Hana highway at stopped at Twin Falls. We weren't expecting much because it was the first Falls along the Highway and every had told us that the more spectacular ones were further down the highway. We thought we'd give it a shot regardless and were so happy we did!! We ended up having the best time exploring a fruit-tree filled rainforest, cliff jumping, swinging on ropes and crossing rivers in search on Twin Falls.
We actually almost missed Twin Falls. We actually stumbled on the actual Twin Falls while Jared was searching for ripe bananas. We heard cheering and so I followed the noise down a little narrow path and ended finding a natual playground with two raging waterfalls and great cliffs for jumping.
Jared didn't tell me about his little plan to dive off this cliff, and I'm afraid that when he came up from the water he found me shaking my head with dissaproval. He assured me it was deep enough but i was still a little nervous about it. Probably because as soon as he dove all the Japanese tourists that were watching gasped so that made me nervous. I ended up getting a great shot though and check out that form! I give it a "10"
I always though pineapples grew on trees but they actually grow on these yakka-type plants. We bought some pineapple from a little stand in the parking lot and it was so, so juicy and sweet.Posted by Picasa

No comments: