Thursday, May 28, 2009

Camping May Long Weekend at Scotch Creek
Aie! I have so much to blog from the past month. We have been busy with dance recitals (two weekends of it to be exact), soccer games and practices, a visit from the Floyds, planting and preparing our garden and flower beds, painting our basement and Jared's trip to Quebec. All of which I hope to blog in the next couple of days. It's also amazing how busy I feel now that I am working again, even though it is only two days a week. Spring is in full swing here, flowers are in full bloom and the smell of sunscreen is in the air. I LOVE this time of year with all the hecticness that it brings. May long weekend, we decided to get away from all the yard work, house work and other social responsibilities and pack up our truck and tent trailor for a weekend with friends in the woods at Scotch creek. We had a fabulous time as always. This was our tent trailor's maiden voyage and we were thrilled with our 1978 Lextra.
I can't lie, the kids ate a lot of roasted marshmellows. I mean a lot. Sometimes earlier in the day than I would like to admit.
Marching like "Peter Pan" around the campsite nice and early in the morning.
Tired eyes.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

David and Cheryl said...

Looks like your family is off to a good start with the vacations this year!

The "smells of summer" and the picture of the old '78 trailer make me think of family reunions at the Spackman's. All those years in Gramps ol' trailer that definately had it's own "unique" smell!

Your family looks great, you should come to one of the Extravaganza's mom and our family has this summer! Miss ya!

- Love,
The Walkers

mj said...

Hey Andi nice to hear from you. Your kids are so cute and it looks like you guys are enjoying life. Love the tired eyes. ha.
We really like living in Houston. Luckily we have other places to be during the summer.(which is the grossest swampiest time) AH the food!!!!! we love it too. We frequent CHUYS as much as we can. I said hi to Bri and he was over-joyed and flattered to hear that his cool soccer-playing cousin had commented.