Mid-July, we packed the van (yeah, I know I'm reeeaaaalllllyyyy behind in blogging) and headed to the lovely town of Castlegar to help celebrate Doug and Bernice King's 40th wedding anniversary. I know what you are thinking, man they are old! But oh, you couldn't be more wrong. To celebrate their anniversary they wanted to have a party, so they invited their friends and family from near and far to a dinner and dance in their honour. The highlight of the night (besides the food:) was Doug dressing up like Elvis and surprising his lovely bride of 40 years (and all of their guests) by serenading her with "I can't help Falling in Love." It was amazing! We had no idea he could sing so well, some people even thought he was lip sincing! It was so fun to see him perform. I always thought that Jared got his entertaining gene from his mother but now I know the truth! The night was packed with great tributes by jared and Rob, great food by Karla and great music by Jessie. The best part of the week was simply having all of jared's sibblings and parents and together and seeing other family and friends.
Thursday, September 04, 2008
The King is Alive and living in Castlegar!!!
Mid-July, we packed the van (yeah, I know I'm reeeaaaalllllyyyy behind in blogging) and headed to the lovely town of Castlegar to help celebrate Doug and Bernice King's 40th wedding anniversary. I know what you are thinking, man they are old! But oh, you couldn't be more wrong. To celebrate their anniversary they wanted to have a party, so they invited their friends and family from near and far to a dinner and dance in their honour. The highlight of the night (besides the food:) was Doug dressing up like Elvis and surprising his lovely bride of 40 years (and all of their guests) by serenading her with "I can't help Falling in Love." It was amazing! We had no idea he could sing so well, some people even thought he was lip sincing! It was so fun to see him perform. I always thought that Jared got his entertaining gene from his mother but now I know the truth! The night was packed with great tributes by jared and Rob, great food by Karla and great music by Jessie. The best part of the week was simply having all of jared's sibblings and parents and together and seeing other family and friends.
Mid-July, we packed the van (yeah, I know I'm reeeaaaalllllyyyy behind in blogging) and headed to the lovely town of Castlegar to help celebrate Doug and Bernice King's 40th wedding anniversary. I know what you are thinking, man they are old! But oh, you couldn't be more wrong. To celebrate their anniversary they wanted to have a party, so they invited their friends and family from near and far to a dinner and dance in their honour. The highlight of the night (besides the food:) was Doug dressing up like Elvis and surprising his lovely bride of 40 years (and all of their guests) by serenading her with "I can't help Falling in Love." It was amazing! We had no idea he could sing so well, some people even thought he was lip sincing! It was so fun to see him perform. I always thought that Jared got his entertaining gene from his mother but now I know the truth! The night was packed with great tributes by jared and Rob, great food by Karla and great music by Jessie. The best part of the week was simply having all of jared's sibblings and parents and together and seeing other family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It looks like it was such a fun party! I love the family picture. jess
Post a Comment